Data Science and Today’s Business
When you visit sites like Amazon and Netflix, they remember what you look for, and next time when you again visit these sites, you get suggestions related to your previous searches. The technique through which the companies are able to do this is called Data Science.
Industries have just realized the immense possibilities behind Data, and they are collecting a massive amount of data and exploring them to understand how they can improve their products and services so as to get more happy customers. The reason why Data Science is being successful in their quest is that we are interacting more and more with the internet. The websites are not just notice-boards anymore, but a place where we interact and leave footprints behind.
Impacts of Data Science
- Improved Search Results: Just type a few characters and the search engines almost always predict the most accurate results. This is possible because million of people have searched related texts before and search engines have stored all of them in their databases.
- Precise Advertisement: You may have noticed that most of the ads you see on the internet are directly related to you. If you’re a young girl, then surely you won’t see ads of retirement plans, unlike the traditional TV ads. Companies have large data of who can be their prospective customers, and they target only the favorable groups.
- Recommending Products: Amazon and Netflix are using their stored data to send precise recommendations and offers to people who are most like to do the shopping. Facebook, YouTube and Quora are also using Data Science to give you the best-related content.
How Industries see Data Science?
The best way to retain more and more customers is to know what exactly they want. With the help of Data Science, industries have now moved on to the data-driven approach rather than the knowledge-driven approach, and they are experiencing unprecedented results. Following are some of the industries which are benefiting from Data Science:
- Information Technology: As we said, from accurate search results to speech recognition to perfect recommendations, It has become the core player in Information Technology.
- Aviation and Logistics: There are so many factors controlling the schedule and timings of flights and with the help of Data Science, Aviation companies can easily figure out the best time and the best route through which they can fly their flights.
- Medical Science: The study of Genomics and Neuroscience require a large amount of data to be stored and processed, and they also demand a large number of labs and hospitals to work together and use each other’s studies. It takes care of these entire tasks very well.
- Banking: It is helping Banks in delivering better service and detecting fraud and unpleasant economic conditions in advance.
How Can You Become a Data Scientist?
The study of Data requires a deep interest in Statistics, Computer Science and Business. Data Scientists have to be flexible when it comes to devising solutions for the problems.
The online training will lead you through the best data collection tools such as Hadoop and SQL. You’ll learn all the facets of Machine Learning and Deep Learning, and tools like Python, SAS etc. For the visualization of data, you’ll get an intense practice of Tableau, R, and other important tools.
The instructors leading you on this journey have a long experience in Data Industry. You’ll get a chance to work on more than 60 projects and one Capstone Project, which will ensure you have experience plus knowledge as well. After the course is over, our dedicated placement cell will help you bag your dream job as well.